Having spent a thoroughly enjoyable year working for the Rook Lane Arts Trust – I will be leaving my job as Arts Coordinator at the end of March. The Trust are looking to appoint a new Coordinator…
Rook Lane Arts Coordinator
Based at Rook Lane Chapel, Bath Street, Frome, BA11 1DN
Reports to Chairman of the Trustees
Job Purpose Summary: to maintain and develop the innovative programme of art and cultural events that take place at Rook Lane Chapel.
Managing all aspects of events, exhibitions and wedding hire –
– Overseeing the hanging and taking down of exhibitions
– Liaising with artists, performers and hirers
– Taking bookings online, over the phone and in person for event and wedding hires
– Organising volunteers to work at events (with the help of our Volunteer Coordinator)
– Stocking the bar and setting it up for events (supplying bar float, laying out table clothes, glasses)
– Setting up the chapel for events – chairs, stage
Press and Marketing –
– Promoting the chapel as a space for hire
– Organising monthly advertising
– Sending out listings and details of events to local and regional press
– Maintaining the Rook Lane Arts and Rook Lane Weddings blogs (built into RLAT website), the Facebook page and the Twitter account
– Writing and emailing out monthly e-zine newsletter
– Collating information for, and organising design of, tri-monthly (seasonal) brochure, distributing around Frome venues
– Designing monthly poster for bottom of drive (using front cover from brochure)
– Collecting and filing press clippings
– Using RLAT’s booking procedure
– Compiling the agenda for trustees’ meetings, and attending the bi-monthly meetings
– Managing budget, petty cash, invoices and banking, accounts – using Quickbooks
– Opening and responding to post
Personality and Job Skills –
Self-driven, with a positive outlook, and an appreciation and enjoyment of the arts – you will be a natural forward planner who is reliable and comfortable in dealing with the public and business colleagues, sufficiently flexible to be able to work some evenings and weekends, and to understand basic business finance. You must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator.
Computer skills –
Must be adept in use of MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Excel and Word, and ideally Access or similar database to basic level, Internet and email, able to use social media sites.
This will be a part time post, with flexible working hours, based on core working hours at Rook Lane of 27.5 hours per week, for a salary of up to £14,500 per annum
The Trustees are expecting a CV and a written application of no more than 2 sides of A4, setting out why the position would be suitable for them and how they could take a positive role in the development of Rook Lane Arts.
Applications to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the 24th February 2012