Wednesday 6th June
The world’s first cycling theatre company, The HandleBards, pedal from venue to venue with all the set, props and costume necessary to perform environmentally sustainable Shakespeare across the globe.
Join their all-male troupe in the beautiful Rook Lane Chapel for a bicycle-powered production of Shakespeare’s ‘Twelfth Night’ like none other. In usual HandleBards style, expect riotous amounts of energy, a fair old whack of chaos, and a great deal of laughter. And what’s the play about? Well – Duke Orsino is in love with Lady Olivia, but she won’t have anything to do with suitors. Viola is shipwrecked and believes her twin brother Sebastian to be dead. Meanwhile, a bunch of Olivia’s servants plot to make a fool out of her pompous Butler, Malvolio. There’s drunkenness, frivolity and cross-dressing a plenty.
Bring your picnic blanket for the return of this fantastic outdoor theatre production!
Visit www.handlebards.com to find out more!
– “There is not a single HandleBard who is anything less than
magnificent.” – The Wee Review
– “Five stars just don’t seem enough…” – The Sunderland Echo
– “I laughed until I cried, there’s nothing else out there like The
HandleBards.” – The Shields Gazette
– “There is never a moment when the audience is not laughing.” –
– “A hilarious, heart-felt, high-octane show.” – Young Perspective
– “They make great use of the fourth wall…bringing the audience
right into the action.” – Fringe Review
– “An unexpected delight and a must-see!” – EdFringe Review
– “Gloriously eccentric and very, very funny.” – The Stage
Standard - £15
U16 - Free
Click here for tickets!