We have a major exhibition coming up this Autumn, and are looking for an intern to work with us on press and marketing. In return we aim to offer a high quality internship programme, and the opportunity to gain insight into the running of an arts space.
Please see below for details and apply within!
Rook Lane Arts Trust Ltd seek a marketing and exhibitions intern to support a high-profile international photographic exhibition and related community engagement events for Autumn / Winter 2012.
The role is ideally suited to a current undergraduate or recent graduate in studies relating to visual arts and media, in particular those with an interest or background in photography, exhibitions management and marketing for the arts.
The role will take place over three months, and is an opportunity to meet other professionals and build upon current experience. We are committed to providing a varied and interesting experience for the successful intern in return for their time.
Dates : 17th September 2012 – 13th January 2013
12 hours per week. Can be flexible to fit in with other work or study commitments.
Travel and lunch expenses will be paid
- To work with the Arts Coordinator on marketing and promotion for the exhibition.
- To generate interest in the exhibition via a range of media.
- To design, deliver and monitor social media and online marketing campaigns for the exhibition.
- To prepare printed material and liaise with printing suppliers
- To prepare and send press releases, and communicate verbally with local, regional and national press.
- A background or demonstrable interest in exhibitions management and / or marketing for the arts.
- An excellent standard of written English.
- Proficiency in the use of IT.
- Proven ability in the use of social media as a tool for marketing events.
- Enthusiasm for the arts.
- A confident and friendly approach when dealing with press officers, members of the public, artists and curators.
- A positive attitude towards new challenges.
What the successful candidate can expect in return.
- Three months experience working on a current, high-profile photography exhibition.
- Support and guidance from the Arts Coordinator and board of trustees at Rook Lane Arts.
- The opportunity to develop their own practice whilst working alongside other photographers, curators and arts practitioners.
- Unique insight into the entire process of coordinating a community arts venue – successful candidates will have the opportunity to gain experience in other areas of the exhibitions process which may be of interest .
Please apply with a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date: Monday September 3rd at 12 noon
Interviews: Week beginning September 10th
Start Date: Week beginning September 17th